This is a quick HOW TO on how to install iDVD on a new Mac and also how to enable DUAL LAYER Image creation event without a DVD Drive.
1. Install iDVD
- Download the iDVD Application Support Folder – https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbp7qz4vsup6u89/iDVD%20Application.zip?dl=0
- Extract and move the iDVD Folder to /Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/
- Download iDVD Application – https://www.dropbox.com/s/pscvqwcji448quk/iDVD%20Application%20Support.zip?dl=0
- Extract and move the iDVD Application to your Mac`s “Application” Folder
- Right Click and Open iDVD from inside iDVD (first time only)
2. Enable iDVD Dual Layer DVD Image Creation
- Close iDVD if its running
- launch Terminal, and type (or copy/paste form here):
defaults write com.apple.iDVD SupportDualLayerProjects -bool true
- Open iDVD – you can now Select Dual Layer DVD from
SOLVED – How to: Get iDVD 7 and Enable Dual Layer Image Creation without DVD Drive
One thought on “SOLVED – How to: Get iDVD 7 and Enable Dual Layer Image Creation without DVD Drive”
Thank you so much!! I’ve been looking everywhere for a way to install iDVD on my newer mac, I can’t believe your files worked!!!