This is a HOW TO on setting up CloudFlare with Virtualmin to prevent DDOS Attacks and hide your website IP address.
1. Visit Cloudflare https://www.cloudflare.com/
2. Create Cloudflare account
3. Set Up Cloudflare for your website
4. As I run my email thought google apps – I only use 5 DNS records – see example below. Make sure to run the records to your site through Cloudflare to make sure you hide your ip from the nasty DDOS attackers
3. Update your Nameservers for the domain at your domain host to point to the Cloudflare provided Nameservers.
4. Wait for propagation (48hours?)
3. Disable DNS for your website in Virtualmin
Let me know if you have any questions on how to set up CloudFlare with Virtualmin to prevent DDOS Attacks and hide your website IP address.
One thought on “How to: Virtualmin Cloudflare Secure Hidden IP – DDOS Protection – Google Apps”